Deliver differentiated awareness and knowledge of the key challenges affecting the adoption, implementation, and commercialization of Precision Medicine as an effective model of healthcare.
Equip medical & health sciences practitioners with unique Precision Medicine tools and training with tremendous potential to improving their patient diagnoses, outcomes, and monitoring.
Support Precision Medicine stakeholders with academic, scientific, and commercial partnerships aimed at demonstrating Precision Medicine best practices on a global scale.
Offer healthcare professionals our unique learning platform, focused on Precision Medicine implementation and commercialization, that is AMA-certified as Continuing Medical Education.
Clinical use and interpretation of LDTs for enhanced diagnosis and therapy of patients.
Laboratory and information technologies and their regulatory environments in healthcare.
Precision Medicine business models, marketing, commercialization and reimbursement.
Ethical, legal, economic, social and operational issues: molecular biomarkers, genomic data, aggregated clinical data, and patient reported data are being brought to predict disease susceptibility, refine diagnoses, and personalize treatments.
Background and New Trends in Precision Medicine
Precision Medicine Adoption, Regulation and Outcomes Monitoring
Economics and Business Models of Precision Medicine
Clinical Case Studies in Precision Internal Medicine
Clinical Case Studies in Precision Cancer Medicine
- Concepts and methods of Molecular Medicine.
- Signature genes and molecules to each patient’s mechanism of disease and response to environmental factors, food and drugs.
- Translating genomic data into clinical practice for healthcare improvement.
- Complementary and companion diagnostic tests tailoring diagnosis and therapy to each patient.
- Precision Medicine delivery models cost effectiveness and metrics.
- Human resources, technologies, and infrastructures of Precision Medicine.
- IT and digital health impacts on Precision Medicine outcomes.
- Artificial intelligence, interactive simulation and point of care technologies in Precision Medicine.
- Companies developing clinical technologies and providing clinical services in recision Medicine.
- Marketing and commercialization models; reimbursement/non-reimbursement markets.
- The economic models of Precision Medicine, including sustainable and scalable business.
- Blockchain technologies in the logistical management of Precision Medicine data.
- Clinical cases on immune-inflammatory, endocrine-metabolic, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- LDTs identifying changes that occur at key pathogenic pathways of the patients will help to tailor diagnosis and therapy to each patient’s disease using molecular and genetic data.
- Most prevalent malignancies in lung, colorectal, breast, prostate and skin will be used to show how molecular biomarkers and genomic data from the tumor and the tumor microenvironment are associated with aggregated pathophysiological data to refine diagnosis and personalize therapy.
Our Courses are designed for health sciences stakeholders with demonstrated interest in and need for 1) understanding concepts and methods of Precision Medicine, and 2) integrating molecular & genetic guidance, and newest medical bioengineering solutions & big-data analytics into routine healthcare delivery. Participants will earn 20 AMA credit hours on completion.
The information provided in this Course is for medical education and nformational purposes only. It should not be construed as personal medical advice and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in this educational course are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of organizers of the Course. For any question or concern about a medical matter, participants at the course should refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Course Director & Main Speaker
Scientist, Physician, Academician, Innovator, Entrepreneur
Persona Biomed Chief Science Officer Fernando Vidal-Vanaclocha, MD, PhD, is a physician scientist, trained in Pathology, and a professor of Translational Molecular Medicine. Mr. Vidal-Vanaclocha has extensive experience in discovery and translational research in Oncology, Inflammation and Regenerative Medicine. Among his scientific and academic peer group, he has distinguished himself by having successfully commercialized and moved to market laboratory discoveries and applications. He’s launched and sold several biotech entities in Spain (INBIOMED, PHARMAKINE, IMMA) and in the USA (BIOPHARMANCE) that develop and take to market products and services for molecular diagnosis and target-oriented therapeutics. Mr. Vidal-Vanaclocha is adjunct professor at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington, D.C.